Download Episode 7 Here
Video version of this episode:
This Week We Are Smoking
Paul – Punch Double Corona (2006)
Tim – Tatuaje J21 (2008)
This week we are drinking
- Knappogue Castle® 12 Year Old
- THE BALVENIE, DoubleWood, Aged 12 Years
- Knob Creek Barrel Aged 9 Years
Paul’s Top Ten Stogies of 2011
- EP Carillo Dark Ritual’s – Rich flavors but balanced and smooth. “Box Worthy”
- Partagas Benji Menendez Re-Release – Pours flavor. Box Worthy.
- Paul Garmarian Symphony 20th Salamone – Enjoy the flavor profile that changes due to the vitola. Could smoke it anytime.
- Tatuaje Avion – Great stick. “Box Worthy”
- Avo LE 2011 85th – “Box Worthy” Maybe two, one to age and one to smoke. One of the best medium bodied smokes of the year. Unbelievable!
- Oro Reserva double torpedo or robusto – Phenonimal! I wish I had bought a whole box in both sizes. “Box Worthy”
- La Verite 2009 Robusto – Poured smoke with lots of unbelievable cedar. “The Fiver” only because of the price.
- Alec Bradley Fine and Rare – Hands down the best Alec Bradley on the market. Ten different tobacco’s used. Complex, smooth, and flavorful. “Box Worthy”
- Quesada Oktoberfest – Classic beer flavors. “Box Worthy”
- Padrón 1964 Smoke Inn 15th Anniversary Maduro – A journey. A perfect ten. “Box Worthy”
Tim’s Top Ten Stogies of 2011
- AVO 85th 2011 Limited Edition – Without one my favorite new smokes this year. I buy very few boxes and this was one of the few in 2011. “The Oasis”>
- E.P. Carillo 2011 Limitada – “Dark Rituals” – My favorite EPC release to date. Great balance, complexity, and quality. “Box Worthy”
- Paul Garmirian Symphony 20 (2011) Short Robusto – A great stick that just pours smoke and flavor. I prefer the Short Robusto to the larger sizes. I found the Salomone to have a little too much strength and a little less flavor. “Box Worthy”
- Tatuaje M80 – Wow! wish I had grabbed a box of these. Great flavor, strength, and construction. “Box Worthy”
- Tatuaje La Verite 2009 Robusto – Nice mix of wood, spice, and cream. Again I preferred the Robusto to the Churchill. “Box Worthy”
- Liga Privada Unico Serie L40 – I love everything Liga Privada! Nuff Said! “Box Worthy”
- J. Grotto Serie Reserve Gran Corona – Wood, Spice, and cream. Love this stick. “Box Worthy”
- Tatuaje TAA – I wish I had grabbed more of these while they were still available. Nice unique flavor profile. “The Fiver”
- Tatuaje Black Petit Lancero – My favorite vitola in the black series. I cannot wait until Pete does some other vitola’s. “The Fiver”
- Oliva Serie V Maduro Especial (2011) – I love the new size this year. it is working for me. “The Fiver”
Other Stuff We’ve Been Smoking
- Arturo Fuente Short Story Maduro – I think this may have the best flavors of all the maduro hemming way sticks, smooth, TONS of flavor, great burn. A winner!
- Supposed Vintage Pre-Embargo Cuban – So, I was expecting some cuban flavors of some kind, but just didn’t get that. It was a well-aged stick with nice flavors, but I don’t think it was Cuban.
- Illusione Mk Ultra – Strength, but lacking on flavors.
- A Real Cuban (vintage) San Cristobol De La Habana – Torpedo – Soooooo, good. Best stick I’ve smoked in some time.
- La Riqueza No. 1 by Tatuaje – Wow! Wow! Wow! Check out the review. Nuff said.
- Paul Garmirian Reserva Exclusiva Corona Extra – Another incredible smoke I recently reviewed. Fantastic medium bodied smoke with a Cuban like flavor profile. In the end, my first “The Oasis” rating given on the site.
- Unbanded – LFD Chisel Double Ligero (2003) – A gift given to me my stogie santa during the last recording. This stick still has some power after all this time.
- Unbanded – Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Toro (2nd) from 2009 – Something was so wrong with this stick. I have had RP Vintage 1990 before and never have experienced such bitter or sourness. I had to give the “Lawn Mulch”.