Stogie Geeks #285
Interview: Rick Alvarez and Eddy Guerra
Rick Alvarez | Director – Brand Marketing, Altadis U.S.A.
- Originally from New York (born and raised), living in South Florida since 2007
- Extensive background in CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), beverage and wine & spirits, at some well-known companies, like Dr Pepper Snapple, Chattem, Inc. and William Grand & Sons. Also worked on the agency side at Ogilvy and The Vidal Partnership (multi-cultural) in NYC
- Currently, the Brand Marketing Director at Altadis, USA.
- Favorite cigars are the Romeo y Julieta 1875 and Montecristo White
Eddy Guerra | Senior Band Manager, Altadis U.S.A.
Born and raised in Miami, Florida from Cuban decent Eddy went to College for Graphic Design, Branding and Marketing. He started working in the infamous Miami nightlife industry at the very young age of 14 and worked his all the way to become the director of marketing for one of the world’s most famous luxury lifestyle entertainment companies.
He has put together events attended by celebrity’s, famous musicians, and professional athletes in Miami hotspots and has even showcased his own artwork at a highly attended art gallery during the world renown Art Basel festival. In 2008 he moved to Thailand to assist in the launch and management for a luxury lifestyle resort for 4 years then he turned his focus to his passion.
With a love for Cigars, Wine, Art, Music, and traveling, he Joined the ChindAsia Lifestyle Group as Vice President of Marketing taking on the task of launching Whisgars – Asia’s premier Whisky and Cigar Bar in Bangkok along with popularizing Non-Cuban Cigars and premier spirits in the Asian luxury lifestyle market.
In 2014, he moved back to the United States to become the Director of Marketing and brand development for Gurkha cigars. In January of this year, he joined the team at Altadis USA as Senior Band Manager.
Stogies of the Week:
- MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured Swamp Thang
- CAO Flathead Sparkplug 450
- Viaje Zombie Green
- E.P. Carrillo Re+United
- Long Live the King by Robert Caldwell
- Machu Picchu Connecticut
- Perdomo lot 23 Connecticut
- Parolis Candy Cane Robusto
Russ Evers – Russ Evers hails from Naples, Florida but is originally from Rhode Island.
Follow us on Twitter: